Saturday, February 11, 2012

my birthday wines

so it is now year two of a "new" tradition of going to Bern's in Tampa for a celebration for my birthday.

our wine collecting friends got together from NYC (Laure & Arno) and Chicago (Sheila & Mary) and Tampa (Chuck & Georgia - CBGB to you from prior posts) and Phil and me...

so we had sent the sommolier the list of things we were interested in and some guidelines on price etc...

and included in the photos here- are the wines we drank for my birthday -

to my mind the Rayas Chateauneuf du Pape was the winning wine but others had their own opinions...

for those who don't know of Bern's- they admit to more than 500,000 bottles of wines in their cellar...

and the food is good too! six of the eight shared a wonderful Chateaubriand (from the past) and the rest of the sides are included (soup salad potato and veggies)- what's not to love????










we had folks with birth years from 1942 - 1949 - 1954 (2) - 1962 - 1968 - 1976 and 1978... and I think I can say a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment